Lamphun Half Day Tour
Explore unseen historic sights from Chiang Mai to Lamphun including the ancient city & temples in Hariphunchai Empire (1200 years ago.) Experience the legacy and cultural marvels of the empire by visiting its prominent temples such as the Wat Phra That Hariphunchai and Wat Cham Devi. Marvel at the intricate 12th century architecture of the large Hariphunchai temple and witness the tiered pagoda-life temple of Cham Devi, believed to be the resting place of the ashes of Queen Chama Devi, the founder of Lamphun. Have a hassle free half day tour with round trip transfer services to and from your hotel in Chang Mai!
Duration : Morning 08.30 – 13.30 hrs. / Afternoon 13.30 – 18.30 hrs.
: Leave from the hotel in Chiang Mai towards the southern part (26 kms). Lamphun or Hariphunchai is an ancient Mon empire founded in 660 A.D. and is the oldest existing city in the kingdom.
: As you enter the city, the remnants of the old fortified city walls and the surrounding moat, constructed in the 16th century, are still evident.
: Make a first stop at the principal temple of the province, Wat Prathat Hariphunchai, a Royal Temple built in 897 by a King of Lamphun. The temple is notably with a massive 51m Golden Pagoda enshrines the authentic relic of the Lord Buddha from India. In the same compound there’re Buddha Footprint, Teak Wood Library which houses many ancient Pali Scripts as well as an old Lanna Style Chedi and a huge call-to-prayer Gong.
: Visit Wat Jammathevee, named after Queen Jammathevee the first ruler of Haripunchai or very well known among local people as “Wat Ku Kut” meaning the Chedi that has no top due to the lightning strike.
: Proceed to Pa Sang village, a community of Cotton Weaving Industry.
: View around the village seeing how cotton is woven by means of a traditional type of wooden loom also enjoy purchasing fine quality cotton which’s a good souvenir from Lamphun.
: Return to Chiang Mai.
End of service
REMARK: Timing is approximately and program can be change or switch without prior notice depend on local conditions.
- Transportation : Van
- English speaking Guide
- Admission fees as mentioned
- All transfers air-conditioned vehicles, including pick-up & drop from airport or hotel
- A local English-speaking guide (other languages available upon request)
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips or Gratuities to guide & driver
- Any services non-mentioned in the itinerary
- - For children 3-9 years old will be charged as child rate
- - For children over 9 years old will be charged as adult rate
- - For child under 3 years will be Free of Charge
- - If have any change in last minute, please feel free to contact our reservation team by +66817217797 at 24 hours in advance, if not the no show will be fully charged.